Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 8, 2016

Day 8 of April Poem a Day



This is Day 8 of April Poem a Day for Poetic Asides. Robert Brewer continues to come up with interesting prompts. Here is my poem for April 8.


April 8:
Prompt: Write a doodle poem

Doodling
My pen makes lazy lines as I
place thinking on a shelf
and suspend control over
its movement
letting it meander across
the page writing triangles
and attaching lines to make
squares and sometimes
curving into curlicues of
undetermined origin with my
thoughts unbridled as if the
saddle of organized thought
were off and my hand relaxed
into the easiness of non-thinking
another triangle meshing with the
first and then I see it as if planned
but not planned for how could it
have been from scattered movements
the gestalt of it so overwhelming
i have to stop and observe the chaos
that has somehow become a whole
     
copyright 2016 by Barbara Ehrentreu 

Until the next time don't forget to read the post before this one for Susan A. Royal. As it happens, I am on her blog today too. 
Also I am on Ken and Anne Hicks' blog too today. It's an embarrassment of riches. Lol


2 comments:

  1. nice...I never heard of a doodle poem before...I like it

    ReplyDelete

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing