Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Winner of the Book Drawing from David Normoyle


I always love it when a friend is picked in the drawing and I am happy to announce that the winner of the free book of Crimson Dream from David Normoyle :


Charlotte K. Volnek

I can assure you my daughter drew the name sight unseen!!!

Congratulations!

This is going to be a short post. Lots of great things are happening for me and most of my friends know about them, but I'll put them here anyway. Last week I learned that my poem, "Broken Balloons" is going to be in an anthology, The Long and Winding Road, which is a book with poetry from and about the period of the late 60's and early 70's. Since I went through that period I decided to enter the poem and I was thrilled when I heard it was going to be included.:) It's being published by Dzanc Books, which is a non-profit publisher with a good heart. I'm very excited!!! The book will be available in the first quarter of 2012.

The other good thing is that I am going to be reading an excerpt from my soon to be published YA novel, If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor on August 14th. I will be with two other authors on a webinar to bookstores and other members of the publishing community. Here is the flyer they sent to me advertising the reading:






A LIVE BOOK READING

Sunday, August 14th 2011 @ 8pm EST

Join Authors:

Billie J Garrett (Non-Fiction/Self-Help) Escape from Crazyville – A collection of poems, essays & stories about surviving domestic abuse. www.copeoutreachservices.com


Barbara Ehrentreu (YA Fiction) If I Could Be Like Jennifer Taylor – A story about memorable protagonist Carolyn Samuels, whose freshman year in high school becomes a series of lies to cover Jennifer Taylor's terrible secret in return for popularity. www.barbaraehrentreu.blogspot.com & www.museitppublishing.com

AND
Host Talitha K. McEachin (Adult Science-Fiction/Fantasy) The Elements Trilogy – The tale of the Kishnu & Lungi people of Nchiyamolekuli or Pangea as we call it in modern times, who have to come together to fight a common foe, whom they both loathe but need in order to survive. www.theelementstrilogy.weebly.com


This is a completely FREE (virtual) event that will take place via a webinar & a simultaneous conference call line, so feel free to join us from wherever you are! The reading will last approximately from 8-9:30pm (EST) to include a brief Q&A session. Please visit www.theelementstrilogy.weebly.com and click “Events” for registration. If you have any questions or if you are a writer who would like to share your work in this forum please send an email (with a brief bio & excerpt) to theelementsbook1@yahoo.com for consideration.
All are Welcome & We look forward to having you!

I hope some of you can tune in to hear this. It's also very exciting.:)

Until the next time, my guests for RRWL Tales from the Pages are Beth Reinke and Salvatore Butacci. Beth was my guest author here as I mentioned last time. Salvatore is a poet and short story writer. This should be a great show with some surprise callers as well. Please call in to talk with either of these guests.

The day after the show, a real star is going to be here, Lea Schizas, my publisher. She is also a celebrated and many published author and I am looking forward to having her here. Then later in the week I welcome Viviane Bretanos to the blog with a post of her own.

I hope you will be able to join us for these exciting posts. Thank you to my new followers. I am so happy you found me and of course, thank you to everyone who continues to enjoy my meanderings.

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing