Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Do You Know About Your Thyroid?



Many people go through their lives without once thinking about their thyroid. I was one of those people. So it was a shock to me last summer when my doctor referred me to an endocrinologist to be seen. He told me I had metabolic syndrome: high blood pressure, high cholesterol and elevated thyroid levels. Who knew?? I was put on pills for my thyroid, Synthroid and pills for my high blood pressure and high cholesterol. All of a sudden I was taking four different pills. Then I found out I had diabetes to round it all out. So my doctor added a fifth pill!!!

Why am I telling you all this? It happens that today on my monthly Blog Talk Radio show I have as my guest a man who lived almost his entire life with symptoms of thyroid disease without doing anything about them. When he almost died that is when he decided to take care of himself. Not only did he turn his life around, but he founded a foundation, The National Thyroid Foundation and he wrote a book, Why Am I Anxious? His name is Clay Ballentine and I learned of him through my good friend and amazing author, Fran Lewis. So it is right that Fran Lewis, author of children's books: My Name is Bertha, Bertha Speaks Out, and Bertha Fights Back. In addition, Fran has written two non-fiction books: Memories Are Precious: Alzheimer's Journey:Ruth's Story and Sharp As A Tack or Scrambled Eggs:Which Describes Your Brain?

Please listen in and it would be wonderful to have some callers for this show. You can also participate in the chat room during the show. Be sure you are signed into Blog Talk Radio. Here is the show's page and the call in number:


Call in number:

(646) 595-4478


I'm looking forward to speaking with both Clay Ballentine and Fran Lewis. You can learn more about Clay on his blog, Why Am I Anxious?

Until the next time, thank you to my new followers. I apologize to anyone who left a comment and had to wait to see it. For some reason I didn't get the comments to moderate so I didn't see them until much later. You will see they are now published and I left you a comment too.:) As always thank you to the loyal readers who continue to enjoy my meanderings. This Monday my character blogged on The MuseItUp Publishing blog. You might want to see what she says about why she is in her mess. She calls it: I'm In Such a Mess!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Desiccated porcine thyroid supplements really help combat some of my hypothyroid symptoms, especially dry skin and hair loss.

    ReplyDelete

Visit the Home of the Fightin’ Bookworms!
Visit the National Gallery of Writing
Shop Indie Bookstores

VisualDNAShops

BlogCatalog

Discover Writing